Sunday, October 31, 2010

keep on keepin' on

I just wanted to quickly address some of the comments I've received recently.  It looks like there are a lot of people who agree with me.  Thanks for the comments and keep them coming.  I've gotten some good advice on how to reach more people and I appreciate that.  If you don't agree with me, I want to hear from you, too.  One thing I told myself when I started this was that I wouldn't hold back, so I expect to offend somebody at some point.  I tend to write what I think is obvious so if I'm missing something, I want to know.  I am always looking to learn something new. 

Also, I'm getting some questions about my story.  I'm happy to share it, and will do so eventually.  I was trying carefully to not make this a 'tribute to me' page.  To be honest, I even changed the name of the blog about three times before I settled on pressonward.  I wanted to be careful about making this strictly am MS thing.  It applies to most diseases and even healthy people feeling sorry for themselves.  My experience is with MS, so that's my reference.  I've done some things that I think have worked for me and will continue to share those.  I really want to push participation in clinical trials, so that was kind of a main motivator in starting this up in the first place.  I will get to that, explain what they are, why they're more important than most people think, and why they're not overly scary.  My opinion, and as you may have  noticed I have a number of them, is that "a little scary" may do you some good.  It tends to boost your confidence (at least in my experience).

Please keep reading and commenting - and tell your friends.  I'll post something a little more substantial in the near future.  I have a number of topics that I want to cover and new ones come up every day.  I'm trying to pace myself...

thanks again for reading -
Johnny D

No comments:

Post a Comment